Ténéré 700 - a lightweight no compromise adventure bike with one of the highest specifications in its class, and one of the most exciting and significant new ADV models to be launched for many years.
Equipped with the successful CP2 689cc parallel-twin engine and a completely new chassis, the Ténéré 700 is designed to deliver class-leading handling and agility in the dirt - combined with high speed long distance performance on the road - making it extremely capable in Australian conditions.
Yamaha has revolutionised the motorcycle world with the development of the crossplane philosophy engines that power a range of the company’s best-selling models, and the new Ténéré 700 is equipped with the highly respected 689cc parallel-twin engine.
The key characteristic of this compact CP2 engine is its strong and linear torque output that gives instant throttle response together with outstanding acceleration – attributes that make it a capable and versatile performer on and off the road.
Producing maximum torque at 6500rpm, this engine offers the ideal balance of performance and controllability – and with its excellent fuel economy, it contributes towards the Ténéré 700’s ability to cover long distances between fuel stops.
To cater for the unique requirements of adventure riders, the final transmission is optimised, and together with a range of model-specific fuel injection settings, these features contribute towards the bike’s outstanding versatility and remarkable performance in different riding environments.
Ride Away pricing includes - 6 Months NT Rego, Stamp Duty, CTPI
Colours: Power Black, Ceramic Ice, Competition White
- High-torque 689cc 4-stroke CP2 parallel-twin engine
- New lightweight double cradle tubular steel frame
- Slim, compact and ergonomic body and seat
- Aggressive rally-bred face with four LED headlights and two LED position lights
- Adjustable long-travel 43mm upside down forks with 210mm travel
- Remotely adjustable link-type rear suspension with 200mm travel
- Compact rally style cockpit with tapered handlebars
- 21-inch/18-inch lightweight spoked wheels with adventure tyres
- Slim long-range fuel tank with 16-litre capacity for 350km+ range
- Compact rally-style multi-function instruments
- Switchable ABS for on the fly adjustment
- Screen and handguards give good rider protection
|Engine type:||2-cylinder, liquid-cooled, 4-stroke, DOHC, 4-valves
|Fuel management:||Fuel injection
|Transmission:||Constant mesh, 6-speed|
|Fuel tank capacity:||16.0 litres|
|Suspension (front):||Upside down telescopic fork, 210mm travel
|Suspension (rear):||Swingarm (link suspension), 200mm travel|
|L x W x H:||2365mm x 915mm x 1455mm|
|Tyre (front):||90/90 R21 M/C 54V M+S – Spoke wheels with Pirelli Scorpion Rally STR|
|Tyre (rear):||150/70 R18 M/C 70V M+S – Spoke wheels with Pirelli Scorpion Rally STR|
|Brake system:||Switchable ABS|
|Brake (front):||Hydraulic dual discs, 282mm, ABS|
|Brake (rear):||Hydraulic single disc, 245mm, ABS|
A Note About Delivery & Collection
You may collect this vehicle from our store at 1 Miles Road, Berrimah NT 0828, or we are happy to deliver to Darwin, Palmerston and some rural areas for a small fee. If you require shipping to further afield, please contact us on (08) 89844 388 and we'd be more than happy to arrange this for you.
Interested in a test ride on the Ténéré 700?
Please get in touch with us.